With Gateway Consultation Services you receive no obligation, stand-alone services that may work for you if you are:
- Unsure about what your next steps are
- Looking for information about your process options to help you decide how to get where you are going
- Undecided about whether to:
- Do it yourself (DIY)
- Hire a lawyer to help individually, or
- Hire a neutral mediator to work collectively
- Hoping to learn strategies to reduce conflict and enhance positive interactions with your partner/spouse
- Needing in-office-only document review, legal advice, or consultation services
You can come by yourself to this consultation, and you can bring a trusted friend or family member if you like. You can even bring your partner/spouse. This can be helpful where you and your spouse want to hear information from the same person, and get guidance about how to minimize conflict and work together while restructuring your relationship.
When people are undecided about whether they want to hire Nancy as their lawyer or as a neutral mediator, Nancy provides no personalized advice-giving, whether you attend the consultation with or without your partner/spouse.
At the end of the session, we each decide whether it would make sense for us to continue work together, and talk about what that looks like.
With Gateway services, you can:
- Evaluate different process options for how to get to where you are going, so you can decide which option is best for you and your family
- Begin to understand the legal framework involved with your situation, and what your first steps are
- Obtain personalized legal advice about your rights and responsibilities (when you want your own lawyer as opposed to a neutral mediator)
- Explore ways to communicate with your partner/spouse to maximize opportunities for peaceful problem-solving, including strategy coaching, practice negotiations and role-playing
- Develop strategies and skills with conflict coaching, to enhance your ability to directly engage in, manage, and productively resolve conflict
- Discover various ways to protect your children from the adults’ actions, to minimize impact of the conflict on them
- Get help to define your concerns and needs, and gain insights into how to achieve goals related to your most important needs and concerns
- Obtain referrals to resources best suited to your needs
- Learn how to choose a Lawyer or mediator who is most compatible with your goals
Choose the Gateway Consultation Service that is right for you, quoted up-front, depending on the level of service.
The best way to find out which consultation service is best for you is to schedule a Consultation with Nancy. Consultation services are not the right approach for every client, and Nancy will help you evaluate your options to help you find the right fit for your unique situation. Call 360-816-2246 or schedule online.